Monday, August 1, 2016

Thanksgiving, Sean's Birthday, Christmas 2015 and Supplies for Soldiers

Jim, Malisha, Elizabeth and I went to Sean and Vanessa's home for Thanksgiving. It was wonderful getting to spend time with them, enjoy the beach and celebrate Sean's birthday! Oh what a sweet vacation/holiday!
They have some friends who are in the military and not from the area. They came over for Thanksgiving dinner. I believe Elizabeth was ready to eat! :)
It felt a little awkward cooking in someone else's kitchen but everything worked out great and the meal was delicious!

We spent a beautiful day on the beach! Elizabeth absolutely loved it! She ran right into the ocean even though the water was a little cool - she didn't mind! She played until she was so tired she was stumbling!
We helped them put up their tree the day after Thanksgiving! It was all silver and gold and absolutely gorgeous!
 We made the piece across the mantle from florist wire and colorful balls.
 We hung lights on the outside of their house - Vanessa loves to decorate for Christmas!

There was a tree display in Destin. We enjoyed checking out the trees in 80 degree weather and stopping for ice cream!


We celebrated Sean's 28th birthday while we were there.  LOL - we loved the Star Wars cake. Vanessa said the baker asked how old he was - they thought he was a little kid!

Of course we bought him tons of ammo. He and Jim went target shooting while the girls went to the beach and then we enjoyed a birthday dinner and shopping! So much fun!
My sweet friend since I was 18 years old, Leslie and I spent a lovely evening at the Exchange Place. We learned to make wreaths from natural items found in the woods and had dinner from old metal dishes - it was so much fun!
Every year I raise money for the Supplies for Soldiers program at work. This year was a record year of funds collected - $1,500. It is very humbling to get to do this for our deployed soldiers!



I like to keep photos of how I decorated my house at Christmas so I can look back the following year to make decorating the next year easier.
 I enjoyed decorating our new mantle my brother built for us! Malisha made Jim and I the stockings.
 I have to admit - most of these were for Elizabeth! :)
 All the packages made my tree look tiny!


We bought Elizabeth this really cute kitchenette. It was a big hit and she started washing dishes and calling her mom immediately!
 
 
 
Looking sharp in that new motorcycle jacket! 
 
 
 
Nothing in this world makes me happier than spending time with my family! Without God and family life would not be worth living! So blessed to have them in our life!