Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Gatlinburg Fires and Supplies for Soldiers

The Gatlinburg fires have been horrible and sad. It was reported that this was the worse fire Tennessee has seen in over 100 years! I wanted to help the victims in some way and I saw on Facebook that the folks at Woodstone Deli were taking donations. I didn't have time to stop and purchase anything so I stopped and gave a monetary donation. It was humbling seeing all the donations given in just a few hours. It was wonderful to see everyone pull together and show love!
I have been collecting money for several years for the Supplies for Soldiers program at Eastman.  This year was a particularly tough year since our company just wen through two "reductions in force" in the past six months. The donations I collected were much less but just as much appreciated! We were blessed in other ways with our donations from our sites in other states and CVS Pharmacy who really stepped up. This is a photo of the items I purchased with the money collected.