Thursday, January 5, 2012

Best Christmas Surprise Ever!

I had been really sad and down in the dumps this holiday because Sean wasn't coming home for Chirstmas. I haven't seen him for a year and it is really hard not seeing your kids - especially during the holidays. The Tuesday before Christmas Jim, Malisha, her boyfriend Eric and I were going to have dinner with Vanessa (Sean's girlfriend). Vanessa wanted to meet at Cheddar's in Johnson City. I didn't suspect anything! Jim and I came in, gave our name and they showed us to our table where Vanessa, Malisha and Eric were already seated. We were sitting there just chit chtting when suddenly this tall, handsome, young man in a military uniform came around the corner, stopped at our table and said... "Excuse me Mam, I'm just checking to see if everything is okay here". IT WAS SEAN!!! I almost knocked Jim out of our booth trying to get to him. I screamed and cried like a crazy woman! I was hugging him and jumping up and down at the same time. OMGoodness I have never been so happy or surprised in my life! Everyone in Cheddar's was crying and clapping! Several people stopped at our table to thank Sean for his service and to wish us a Merry Christmas. There were strangers telling him they loved him and how happy they were to see him home. THEN our waiter laid a $100.00 bill on our table and said a couple sitting in the corner wanted to pay for our dinner and wished us a Merry Christmas - we didn't know this couple. They left without wanting any recognition and I was so humbled by their kindness! This was definitely the best Christmas present EVER! I can't believe Jim and Vanessa kept this a secret since October! God is so good, oh He is so good to me!





Christmas morning
This is Sean and Malisha's grandmother's college roomate - Jean. She is the sweetest lady you will ever have the pleasure to meet.
Video of the surprise at Cheddar's (pause music to listen to video)