Thursday, May 21, 2009

I work for a Criminal!!!

Not many people would put their boss in jail - but I had the chance and went for it! The Muscular Dystrophy Association is raising money for Jerry's kids. I received a phone call from their organization where I had been nominated to go to jail. Since I had just raised money for Big Brothers Big Sisters I felt I had tapped all my resources for the quarter, so I nominated my boss. She did a fantastic job raising over $1000 dollars.
Thanks Dawn for being such a good sport and helping so many kids - you are a real trooper!
About MD: The muscular dystrophies are a group of more than 30 genetic diseases characterized by progressive weakness and degeneration of the skeletal muscles that control movement. Some forms of MD are seen in infancy or childhood, while others may not appear until middle age or later. There is no specific treatment to stop or reverse any form of MD. The prognosis for people with MD varies according to the type and progression of the disorder. Some cases may be mild and progress very slowly over a normal lifespan, while others produce severe muscle weakness, functional disability, and loss of the ability to walk. Some children with MD die in infancy while others live into adulthood with only moderate disability.