Thursday, January 19, 2017

Exercise - why now, why ever?

I have to admit I despise exercising, but at my age it is a necessity.  I try to exercise at work since they have a nice little gym downstairs with quite a bit of equipment.  However, I don't always have time to get a workout in and after missing a few days I can feel it.  I told Jim I would like to have a recumbent bike at home and some stretch bands so I can workout during the evenings.  Of course he always does the research to find the best deal. We found a Schwinn bike on sale at Dicks right after Christmas, so we snatched it up.  We already purchased the bands and a mat so a bike was all I needed for my routine.  I ride the bike for 30 minutes then I include squats, leg stretches/lifts, planks, sit-ups, push-ups and I use the bands for my arms. I try to exercise 4-6 times a week, taking a break on Sunday. I sure miss those days of not needing to exercise to feel good and stay slim.  Back at the gym I'll be tomorrow.  💪
We purchased this type of exercise bands because the bands can easily be switched out depending on the amount of tension you want.