Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Summer Catch-up

When we bought our house a year ago we weren't too crazy about the paint color in some of the rooms. Slowly we have been changing them to fit our taste. We recently had the master bathroom painted a soft seafoam green (it was McDonald's purple). OMG it was hideous but we love the new softer shade and it matches the master bedroom perfectly. We also painted the kitchen, downstairs powder room and one of the guest bedrooms. Our dining room was red and just way too dark for our taste. I painted it with one of the National Historic Trust colors by Valspar and we absolutely love it. I don't like dark rooms and the difference in the dining room was amazing. Malisha and I have picked new fabric for window treatments and dining chairs. (Jim will die when I tell him about the chairs since the set is only a year old!)
Malisha does personalized embroidery on the side. I designed this flag and asked if she could make it. This is the result. Within a few hours of posting it on her Facebook and Etsy account she had orders for 11 more flags!!!!
Jim's 45th Class Reunion was this month.  Yes I typed that correctly - 45th!  The reunion was at the Kingsport Chamber of Commerce building and was such a fun evening.  I love seeing Jim so happy, chatting with friends and all the love this group of people have for each other. It was also great seeing a couple of old friends I know from Sullivan - Darrell Cox and Randal Chase.
Oh sweet Elizabeth - she is the light of my life! Papaw and I took her shopping for a new babydoll and of course we had to get it a stroller and babybed to go with it. Elizabeth hadn't played with dolls much but she took right off with what to do with this little one. I almost died with joy when she started rocking, singing and patting it on the couch beside me - pure sweetness!
 
 
We dug this old rocking chair out of the basement for Elizabeth. It belonged to her granddad Bill and then handed down to my kids and now Elizabeth.
My beautiful niece and one of the sweetest girls in the world! Krystal has Lupus, but gosh you would never know it. She has a wonderful outlook on life, is happily in love, engaged to a great guy and a hard worker. I admire her for the outlook she has on life!
I had Malisha make these in honor of Krystal. She loved them and cried when she opened the unexpected package. I love this girl so much!!!

 There is nothing more fun than playing with Elizabeth. She loves the pool and is becoming a real daredevil!




 I absolutely love her face in this photo!!!!
 OMGoodness - look at that cute little butt and legs!
I love her gorgeous big, blue eyes!