Friday, December 19, 2008

Dear Lord, I am so Thankful for You!

Yesterday I took some food to the Soup Kitchen. As I was walking back to my car, I passed a young couple with a small girl. She was in her dad's arms with her head on his shoulder sound asleep; they were going for a warm meal. I had tears in my eyes and a huge lump in my throat. As I started my car I thought about how much the Lord has blessed me and my family.

During this difficult time for our economy we need to remember the less fortunate.

But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:
And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
Luke 14: 13,14

Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble.
The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. Psalm 41:1,2

He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again. Proverbs 19:17

I am so thankful for:

  1. Jesus Christ my Lord for saving me when I was a child.
  2. My wonderful husband, who always encourages me.
  3. My children: Sean who is selflessly serving our country in Iraq, so that we may be free and Malisha, who never causes me trouble and chooses to serve our Lord.
  4. Our church, which brings me so much peace and joy.
  5. My job, co-workers and friends whom I truly love.
  6. My warm home, cute dogs and each meal I eat.

I wish each of you a wonderful and Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!